Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Weight Loss Progress

Wow!  It's been a long time since I've posted.  Life has just been so busy.  I am still in a busy time with life but I wanted to take a few short minutes to let you know how I've been doing the past few weeks.

I've had many successes that I could tell you about.......and, of course, a few moments of indiscretion.  Let's start with the successes.  Last week, I lost 2.4 pounds, the previous week was a .8 loss and the one before that was a .2 loss.  I also lost the week before that 4.0 pounds.  That gives me a fabulous total of 7.4 pounds in 5 weeks.  That's one hot total as far as I'm concerned.  In fact, until now, I didn't even know that. On the .2 and .8 week I just told myself to keep up the good work and it would eventually add up to something substantial.  Until now, I hadn't taken the time to do the math.

Last Friday was a momentous weigh-in for me.  It brought me to my lowest weight since having Samuel almost 2 years ago.  It's hard to believe that I have been fighting this battle for 2 years but the ups and downs have all taught my valuable lessons.  I finally feel like I am willing to give it my all, no matter what. I finally feel like I can stay away from the food that I just don't need to eat.

For example, Bryan and I went out to dinner with some friends a couple of weeks ago.  I ate a fairly normal day's food with saving just a few extra points for our dinner out.  I drank water with lemon.  I rarely need alcohol to enjoy an evening out.  I ordered the baked fish even though it was one of the few healthy options on the menu.  I ordered a salad even though it wasn't included in the dinner.  I asked if the meal came with any vegetables and when the waiter said no, I knew I needed some veggies.  I picked all of the croutons off of my salad.  In the past I would have eaten some or all of them and was surprised to see the 1/2 of a cup of croutons piled on my side plate.  That saved me some major calories. I only had 1/8 of the dressing that came with my salad and asked for low-fat.  I took the sour cream cup right off of my plate when it came. My  baked potato was just as good without it.  I enjoyed the company and my meal.  I even took 1/2 of my fish home because the portion was so large.  I left feeling so fulfilled.  I knew I had done right by my body and my mind.

I'll save some of my other victories for another time.  This week has been a little stressful and tiring for me and I have found myself eating too much because of those emotions.  I am glad to say that today I have put myself in check but the 3 days previous were the worst eating days that I have had in a month and a half.  The scale wont be in my favor too much on Friday but I am willing to go to the meeting to see the results of my choices.

I hope you are all doing well.  Thanks for all of the kind words in the comments and emails.

Corinna

"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty of hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:12-13

4 comments:

  1. I am sure this piece οf writіng
    haѕ toucheԁ all the іnternet peoρlе, іts rеally
    really fastidіous poѕt on building uρ nеw
    blog.

    Feel fгee to suгf to my webpаgе .
    .. low back pain treatment with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I еnjoy rеading a post that cаn make men anԁ women
    thіnk. Also, thanks for allowing me to cοmmеnt!


    Ηere is my webрage :: green walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have mаde sоmе decent points therе.
    I looked on the іnternet tο find οut mогe abοut the issuе and found most ρeoplе will go alοng with your vіews on this ωeb site.


    Heгe іs mу page: losing weight after 50 with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello therе! Тhis аrticle
    cοulԁ not be written anу better!

    Going through this aгtіcle rеminds mе of my
    ρrevious roommatе! He continuаlly
    κept talking about this. I will forωarԁ
    this pοst to him. Pгetty sure he’ll have a very goοԁ гead.

    Thank you fοr sharing!

    Alѕo ѵisit mу websіte ... core training pilates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna