Friday, October 19, 2012

The fall cold is here in Wisconsin


The past week has been filled with normal, fall days in Wisconsin.  I went to the zoo yesterday with my kids and it was gorgeous.  The leaves were beautiful.  It was cold and wet but the colors made it all worth while.

He heat has kicked on in my house a few times this week too. I have it set pretty low so it has only kicked on when it starts getting crazy cold.  The air is getting colder and the fleece blankets are breaking out of hibernation.  The sweaters and sweatshirts are being worn almost every day now.  Fall is a wonderful time and as these things start to happen, it has a nice feeling.  I love living in Wisconsin where we have 4 seasons instead of just one or two.

The tricky part is that every season seems to bring its own challenges too.  When it gets colder, I want to move less. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning.  My nice, warm bed feels good.  Sammy doesn't give me much choice in that one though, so it's easy to overcome.  Morning exercise has almost become non-existent these days in my life.  I have more excuses for that one than just the weather though.  I'll save those excuses for another blog.

Another thing that feels good when the weather gets chilly is food.  I like to hunker down and eat.  Am I the only one?  It has been dreary and wet outside for days now and I am being called to comfort food.......all kinds of comfort food.  When I hear the words comfort food I think mac and cheese, soup, potatoes or pork roast but comfort food comes in all shapes, sizes and flavors. I have to pick my comfort foods from what I have in the house.  They have been granola bars (I have a weakness for a good granola bar), bowls of cereal (I have been a cereal fan all of my life.  My mom still remembers how I used to come home from school and sit in front of the TV with a bowl of cereal as my snack), spaghettios (funny, I envisioned them tasting better when I opened the can. I haven't had them in years.) and ice cream (my all-time favorite food).

I need to get a grip.  I need a good slap. I need to get some new motivation for a new season.  I'll think about what that is going to be and get back to you tomorrow.

I know some of you don't live in Wisconsin where you can see the fall colors.  I hope you are all enjoying the fall no matter where you live.



Until tomorrow,
Corinna

"Daniel said: 'Blessed be the name of God from age to age, for wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons, deposes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with him." -Daniel 2:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna