Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's today! It's today!

That's how I feel on weigh-in day.  I'm like a little kid who's excited to see what the day has in store.  I wake up wanting to go to my meeting.  This is especially true on weeks when I know I have been a good girl.  As I told you yesterday, I feel good this week. I tracked it all and ate quite well.

So.............I lost .6 pounds.  I know that yesterday I told you that I would feel good about today's weigh-in no matter what the results because I knew that I had done well and felt great. Sometimes, that's easier said than done.  Sure I was glad that I had lost weight.  Sure I was glad that I felt so good mentally and physically.  But I just want the numbers to get lower, faster.  With as many times as I passed up food this week, I wanted a bigger reward.

Okay, I'm done with my pity party.  It's time to get back to the positive side.  After a week on plan I now know that if I want to lose weight faster, I need to take another point away each day.  I am still eating more points each day than WW gives to people who are not breastfeeding.  I have weaned Samuel from breastfeeding so I need to slowly get rid of those points that I have grown very accustomed to having.  The good thing is that I know that I can do it.  I successfully got rid of one point per day last week without feeling deprived or hungry.  I can do it again this week and it will be completely worth. it.  In fact, I dare say that it would be worth it to even lose another .6.  Afterall, that would add up to 1.2 pounds in two weeks.  When I say it that way, it doesn't sound too bad at all.

And as I am typing this my 9-year-old daughter, Gabriella, looks over my shoulder.  She asks, "How did you do today, Mom? Did you lose weight?"  I tell her, "Yes, .6 pounds."  "Great!" she responds. "Point 6," I reiterate, "That's less than a pound." Figuring that she is only 9 and needs clarification.  "I know Mom," she says. "Any loss is a good loss."  Such a wise young lady.

Talk to you all again soon,
Corinna

"Whoever is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much; and whoever is dishonest in a very little is dishonest also in much. If then you have not been faithful with the dishonest wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? And if you have not been faithful with what belongs to another, who will give you what is your own?" -Luke 16:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna