Thursday, April 11, 2013

Intensity Matters Too


I did my morning workout today.  I'm proud of myself because as I told you yesterday, I made poor choices the past couple of days and one of them was to skip my workout.  Today, I am back on course.  I love my morning workout.....after I have started it......and even more after I have finished it.

A couple of weeks ago, I changed my morning workout.  For 2 months I had been exercising in front of the morning news on TV by marching and using exercises from my WW magazine.  It was working for me.  I was working out for 60 minutes per day.  Two weeks ago I decided that I needed a change.  I pulled out my WW Punch it Up DVD and started it instead.  I needed the change the intensity of my workout.  I wasn't feeling the same results that I had been previously so I knew I needed to change something. I'm glad I changed the workout.  I love my Punch DVD.  Normally, when I start a different workout I start from the beginning level and work my way up but I felt good about my fitness level so I started at the advanced level. It's a 45 minute workout and I am out of breath and sweating when I am done.  It pushes me a little further than I would go on my own but not too far for my fitness level.

This has helped me in a few ways.  I am working a different set of muscles. I am following someone else so I push myself harder to keep up with them. The intensity is higher so I can get a better or comparable workout for less time.  I have saved myself 15 minutes and every minute counts in my life.

My workout today was fabulous.  I am so glad I got back to it before I had gotten myself into a slippery slope of laziness. Sometimes I need to push myself a little harder than I really want to but when it's all said and done I am so glad that I went that extra mile.

How is your exercise level?  Do you need to add time to your routine?  Do you need to add extra intensity to your routine?  Do you need to get a routine?  Don't do it all at once.  Work yourself up to where you need to be slowly so you don't hurt yourself but still keep your routine.

Have a great day,
Corinna

"I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. In any case, it was kind of you to to share my distress." -Philippians 4:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna