Monday, August 12, 2013

Because I Just Don't Feel Like It!

Last night was terrible!  I feel like I barely slept at all.  My beautiful 2-year-old, Samuel, was up a large portion of the night.  He kept waking up crying.  He must have been having nightmares because he kept screaming, "Stop! No! Mama!" I felt terrible for him.  Part of me wanted to just let him cry because when I brought him to bed with us, he didn't sleep any better but I felt sorry for him so we both slept terrible.

I'm extremely tired today.  What's funny is that getting a good night's sleep is our routine for the month at Weight Watchers.  I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that I am supposed to try getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night this month.  Samuel rarely gives me that option.  Most nights, though, he only wakes up once or twice and goes back to sleep in our bed or his crib.  Last night I lost count of how many times he woke up. That leaves me feeling rather lazy today. When I got out of bed because Sam was ready to start the day bright and early as usual I didn't feel like starting the day.  I curled up on the couch while Sam played around me instead of starting my day with my workout like I usually do.


Then, my dad called and said he was coming over....in 3 minutes!  I had not gotten out of my pajamas, I hadn't worked out, some of the kids were still sleeping and I hadn't fed anyone breakfast.  Hmmmmmm, that could change things a bit.  While my dad visited we still did some things like normal - the kids showered, I made breakfast for everyone and I washed a load of dishes.  Other things did not get done like normal - the kids didn't do their chores or school work and I didn't work out, get dressed or shower.
After my dad left I had to get things in order.  I instructed the kids to do their chores and school work and decided that I should do my workout.  Then, I remembered that I had some emails to send so I spent the next 30 minutes on the computer.  Next, I decided that I really didn't feel like exercising. It was now much later than I normally workout and my energy levels were terrible to begin the day so now, they were completely tanking.  It would be so easy to just skip it today.  Really, how bad could it be?  Well, I'll tell you how bad.  I know that I feel amazing after working out.  I have been working really hard on one of my DVD's.  I worked so hard at my 45-minute advanced Weight Watchers Punch DVD last week that by the end of the week, I was keeping up wonderfully and could complete it without feeling as though I needed to pass out.  I didn't want to sabotage myself by skipping it today but that nagging message keeps coming to my mind, "I just don't feel like it."

Here's what I've decided.  There are many times in our lives when we don't feel like doing something we know we should do.  My kids could use that excuse every day for at least 10 things I tell them to do. Would I let them away with that excuse?  Absolutely not!!  I'm not letting myself use that excuse either.  It doesn't matter whether I feel like it or not.  I'm tired, but that will be lessened if I exercise.  I will also benefit from my exercise by working off some of the extra points that I ate yesterday at a picnic.  I will also feel like taking care of my eating habits at the birthday party we are attending tonight because of that workout I did in the afternoon.  I know the results so no matter what I feel like doing, I will get over myself and do it anyway.

By the way, the pictures of my smiling monkey, Samuel, in this post is showing you just how tired he looks today after a terrible night's sleep;)  Don't those active legs and big smile look painfully tired?  Where does all of that energy come from?

Off to do my workout.

Have a great day,
Corinna

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna