Monday, April 21, 2014

Satisfaction Secret

Hello Weight Watchers Friends,

LAST WEEK - Satisfaction Secret

Fiber's role in weight loss, satiety and digestion is incredibly important. It may be hard to incorporate fiber into your diet but it's completely possible and will help you in so many ways. Many fiber-rich foods are also Weight Watchers Power Foods, thus making them easier to incorporate. They can be incorporated whether you are following Simple Start, Simply Filling or Tracking against your Daily Target.


ROUTINE OF THE MONTH

Ask Yourself: Is this worth the PointsPlus Values? Keep asking yourself this question each meal and snack, and you will see the results on the scale that you are looking for.

CELEBRATIONS

We had some wonderful weight losses this past week. Spring is trying to come and we are going to be ready for it with these great numbers.

The 8:00 meeting lost 30 pounds. That's .88 pounds per person.  We also had 1 person reaching their 5% target, 1 person reaching lifetime and many other great awards!

The 9:30 meeting lost 38.6 pounds which was 1.4 pounds per person. We had one person reaching their 10% target and many other great awards!

Welcome to all of our new members. You will be losing weight to add to those totals soon too. We look forward to seeing you all again next week to join our lively groups.

SALES

This week's sale is always a popular one and it's only for one week so come prepared to stock up on your WW cookbooks. My favorite part about them is that they tell you the serving size and PointsPlus value so you can't go wrong when counting your points if you follow the recipe. They make my meal planning so incredibly easy. They are on sale for 25% off and the last day is Saturday, April 26th. There are 2 price points. The ones that are normally $9.95 are on sale for $7.95 and the ones that are normally $14.95 are on sale for $11.95. They are such a great deal and we have a few new ones that have come out in the last couple of months. 

HANDY LINKS

Satisfaction Secret

This week's Shopping List

Recipe Roundup: Power Foods All Day Long

TRUE CONFESSIONS

I'm sorry I've been so spotty with these emails. I try to send them each week but I truly find that's it's hard to carve out the time. One of the hard parts is that I have more time to work on them on either Saturday, Sunday or Monday but I've been trying not to send them on these days. I feel like they are probably more fun and motivating to get if you are about midweek from our next meeting. I also try to wait until after I have weighed in on Tuesday morning so I can tell you about my results. I've decided that in order to be sure I get it done this week, I just need to do it now while I have the chance. I just dropped Ethan off at baseball practice so I have an hour to do this and found some wifi nearby. So in the future you will get these emails when I have time to send them. If you would prefer to open them later in the week, that is certainly the way you can do it. Some weeks I may be able to tell you about this week's weigh-in and other weeks I may have to tell you about last week's weigh-in.
That said, I weigh-in tomorrow morning. I lost .2 last week. I expected more but had to live with what the scale said. That's just life sometimes. It was better than a gain. I've decided that I can no longer use all of my activity points. My body is telling that that enough is enough. I will still use some of them but at this time using all of them is no longer productive for me. I could feel by body doing this for quite some time so it's no surprise. Is is disappointing? Of course, but I'll live. I've been through harder things in my life than losing a few points. It will take some time and restraint to get used to eating fewer points but there was a time in my life when I didn't count or use all of my activity points. I can certainly eat a little less now, too.

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE

"Health is like money, we never have a true intent of it's value until we lose it." -Josh Billings


THIS WEEK - Enjoy Every Bite

I hope you will leave this meeting knowing the "What's in it for me" of mindful eating. We will explore some of the things that get in the way of mindful eating and share ways to eat mindfully consistently.

It's going to be a great meeting so be sure that you are there. If you took last week off for Spring Break remember that the best way to get weight off and keep it off for good is to keep coming to your WW meetings. Don't let that one meeting (or more) spring break turn into more than you had bargained for.


See you Saturday,
Corinna
Weight Watchers
Leader
Shorewood Riverclub
Hubbard Park - Shorewood
Saturdays 8am & 9:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna