Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's in the pants

Over the past few months I occasionally get a comment from someone that goes something like..."You look great.  You've lost all of your baby weight already!"  Then I have to respond, "Thanks.  I'm working on it but I'm not quite there yet.  I'll get there."

This is incredibly flattering and I appreciate it wholeheartedly.  In fact it's so flattering that it makes me wonder if I should just call it done. Maybe I should just give up on that goal that I have of getting every last pound back off.  If I look good enough to people that they truly think that I am back to my pre-Samuel weight then why I am I working so hard to keep losing weight?  I'll tell you why.  It's the pants!!

Since Samuel was born just 9 months ago I have had to keep changing my wardrobe.  For the first couple of months I continued to wear maternity clothes.  I know that this is necessary for most women.  Then when he was about 2 months old I had lost enough weight to start fitting in to some of my regular clothes.  They weren't the same clothes I was wearing before Sammy's pregnancy but they were regular clothes nonetheless.  They were the clothes that I still had in my daughter's closet just in case I got pregnant again.  They were 2-3 sizes bigger than the size I was wearing when I got pregnant with Samuel.

Every couple of months since then I have been able to pack up one size to squeeze into the next smaller size.  For the past 3 months I have been wearing the same size that I was wearing before Sammy's pregnancy.  That was a milestone that I enjoyed immensely but all of the clothes have not been comfortable.  I have also had 2 pairs of pants that I haven't been able to wear at all.  My wardrobe has been very limited and I refuse to buy new clothes until I am back to my personal goal weight.

Every week or two I try one of those pairs of pants on just to see if they fit yet.  Each time I am sorely disappointed.  Last week I tried one of them on after my weight loss and found that they finally buttoned.  Wooohooo!  But since I value breathing while wearing my pants, I unbuttoned them and took them back off.  Back into the closet they went yet again.  I'll try again over the next week or two.  Trying them on too often is depressing so I always wait at least a week.

So, as I said, it's in the pants.  I am losing every last ounce no matter how good I may feel in my yoga pants and no matter how many people tell me how good I look.  I have to do what is best for me and it's never good to be uncomfortable in your clothes or in your own skin.

Have a great day!

Corinna

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.  Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." -John 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read the comments and I know that everyone else does too. They help everyone who reads this blog.
Corinna